The Philippines is an historically and culturally rich place. As a former Spanish colony, it has the site of the oldest university in Asia, it was the first republic in Asia, a former American colony, occupied by the Japanese, and has experienced dictatorship and democracy. The Philippines has a rich and interesting history that was very much influenced by trends in the wider world. It is also a key regional and international player: the Philippines was one of the founding members of ASEAN and one of the four Asian charter members of the UN. The Asian Development Bank headquarters is located in Manila. It is also one of the most popular tourist destinations and the white-sand beaches of the Philippines are world-famous.
- Trip Leader: Carlo Fong Luy
- Estimated cost:
- Estimated dates: April 3-April 9
- Depart London for Manila (LHR-MNL) via Etihad Airways OR Philippine Airlines.
- Arrive in Manila and check-in accommodation.
- Tour of the Ayala Museum and the Makati Central Business District.
- Visit Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) office.
- Meet with UNHCR or UNDP in the Philippines Welcome reception at the Manila Polo Club.
- Tour Intramuros.
- Visit Comission of Elections
- Visit US Embassy in Manila
- Visit the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- Visit the Asian Development Bank headquarters.
- Afternoon at the Pinto Art Gallery.
- Visit the Malacañan Presidential Palace.
- Afternoon departure for Tagaytay.
- Dinner at Balay Dako for traditional Filipino food.
- Daytrip to the beach.
- Depart for London (MNL-LHR)